What are cookies?
Cookies are messages that are passed onto your web browser when you visit a website/ application.They are stored as small text files on your computer. The cookies can be temporary ones which disappear when you close the browser, or can be persistent cookies which stay on in your browser, over a period of time, until you manually delete it, or will disappear itself depending on its duration. The duration of persistent cookies on your system also depend on your browser settings.
These files typically collect information about the different web pages you visited, your location, duration spent on each web page, information you've volunteered, such as your name and interests, language you select, and so on. They are like identification cards being created so that the next time you visit the same web page, it will be customised according to your preferences.
Why are cookies used?
Cookies are widely used in order to make websites and/or applications work efficiently, and to provide information to the owners of the website and/or application. In this way, by tracking web site activity, a web server can gather information about which web pages are gathering the most repeat hits, and how well the website is performing.
- for storing information of your Webshop orders
- for storing your log-in details, registration details
- to decrease the loading time of our website
- to send information to other websites to enable user-specific advertisments
- to send information to other Toradex and partner companies
- to find out which of our pages are visited the most
- to find out the demographics of the visitors
- to find out the product and language preferences of the visitors
- to better tailor our website according to the visitor’s preferences the next time he visits
- to use all the above details to improve the structure, appeal, and content of our website
We do not have access to your personal information, however, we may link information contained in a cookie to the personal information collected from you by other means (e.g., general website and/or application registration through our website during product purchase).
Once you put in your personal details like name, and address into our website, we use it as per directions from you, and give the details to our partner companies only.
How can you change your Cookie settings?
You can set your web browser to warn you before accepting cookies. You also have the option to set your browser settings to refuse them, although you may not have access to all the features on our websites and/or applications if you do so. Please refer to your browser instructions or help screen to learn more about how to adjust or modify your browser settings.
Copyright © 2018 Toradex AG. All rights reserved. All data is for information purposes only and not guaranteed for legal purposes. Information has been carefully checked and is believed to be accurate; however, no responsibility is assumed for inaccuracies. Brand and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. Specifications are subject to change without notice.