Toradex BSP Layers and Reference Images for Yocto Project 6.3.0 Quarterly Release
We are pleased to announce the Toradex BSP Layers and Reference Images for Yocto Project 6.3.0 quarterly release.
Please read the previous release news for updates that also apply to this release.
Updates and Highlights
- Initial support for Verdin AM62
- Added support for new Verdin iMX8M Plus configurations
- Linux Kernel updates
For SoMs based on the NXP® i.MX 6/6ULL/7 SoCs, the BSP was updated to the Mainline Linux Kernel v6.1.37
- This fixes a recent security issue, known as “StackRot”. This issue does not affect v5.15, used on downstream BSP for i.MX8-based SoMs.
- Bug fixes
This release brings notable bug fixes:
- Volume products: Apalis iMX6, Apalis iMX8, Colibri iMX6, Colibri iMX6ULL, Colibri iMX7
This release is intended to be used in production for these modules.
- Sample products: Verdin iMX8M Mini, Verdin iMX8M Plus, Colibri iMX8X
Due to the hardware status of the sample products, this release - downstream-based - is intended for development. Only second-generation Verdin products are supported.
- Upcoming products: Verdin AM62
This release adds initial support for the upcoming Verdin AM62 samples. New features and improvements are going to be introduced in the next releases (including monthly pre-releases).
Quarterly releases are production releases. We run a set of tests to validate them. Learn more about our release types from our Embedded Linux Support Strategy.
For more updates on this, see our Release Details.
- You can install the pre-built evaluation Reference Images directly from our online Toradex Easy Installer feeds into the board. No download is required!
- Alternatively, you can download the images and BSP from the Linux Software page on our developer website.
- The U-Boot, Linux kernel sources, and OpenEmbedded metadata are available at https://git.toradex.com/. Learn how to build them on our developer website.
New Release:TorizonCore 6.3.0 Quarterly Release